Job Board: Adminstrative Assistant, New York, NY
Education: Bachelor (BA, BS, etc.)
Location: New York, New York, 10022, United States
Employer: Carnegie Corporation of New York
Employer’s Website: http://www.carnegie.org/
Job Category: Administration
Last day to apply: March 8, 2010
Type: Full time
Area of Focus: Education and Academia, Foundations, Fundraising, and Philanthropy, Library or Resource Center, Peace, War, and Conflict Resolution
Carnegie Corporation of New York was created by Andrew Carnegie in 1911 to promote “the advancement and diffusion of knowledge and understanding”. For over 95 years the Corporation has carried out Carnegie’s vision of philanthropy by building on his two major concerns; international peace and advancing education and knowledge.
The Corporation seeks to hire an Administrative Assistant who will provide all administrative support to two Program Officers in Higher Education in Africa including preparing and processing grant materials (e.g. tracking deadlines; communicating with prospective grantees; collecting required administrative information, and photocopying and distributing grant-related materials); managing the administration of grants (e.g., tracking reporting deadlines, troubleshooting administrative problems, advising grantees on Corporation procedures, and working closely with the Grants Management office to keep grants administration on track); managing work and information flow; organizing and scheduling meetings; making travel arrangements; reviewing all incoming mail and making preliminary decisions as to appropriate action; drafting correspondence; and organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files. The Administrative Assistant also might work with Program Officers on issues relevant to the Corporation’s grantmaking concerning higher education and libraries in Africa. This would include conducting research to help inform grantmaking directions and assisting in the data collection and evaluation processes that relate to grants.
• At least 3 years of full-time administrative experience.
• Undergraduate degree.
• Excellent written and oral inter-cultural communication skills.
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
• Keen ability to prioritize as well as respond to others’ priorities.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and teamwork skills.
• Ability to organize multiple country, multi-week international travel itineraries and prepare multi-currency expense statements.
• Flexible, responsible, and able to take initiative.
• A proven track record for being organized, detail-oriented, and efficient.
• Superior computer skills in Microsoft Office applications.
• Administrative experience in an international environment a plus.
How to Apply:
Candidates should submit a cover letter describing their specific qualifications for the position and a resume no later than Sunday, March 7, 2010. Send or email information to:
Human Resources Offices
Carnegie Corporation of New York
437 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10022
Carnegie Corporation of New York is an equal opportunity employer.